STRATEGIES FOR GOAL SETTING – AS A NEWBIE
So lately I notice that I am all over my work. Trying to take care of my personal life, work life (have 2 jobs) and also working on my website. I find that my mind is trying to juggle everything but that very little get accomplish. I usually end up inefficient and work is scattered. I realize that I need to get back to my Passion Planner and create my strategies for goal settings as a newbie. Having no time at that moment, I decide to wait until the weekend.
Then a couple of days later while I was waiting for my bus, I read an article about productivity. It gave me some good reminders, which at the same time made me realize it time to get out my Passion Planner. It’s time to set strategies for my goals or I will not be successful with my affiliate marketing online business. I know that my training at Wealthy Affiliate will help me create a positive outcome along with my strategies for goal setting for my online business.
Keep in Mind the Following Items:
1. You can do a lot, in little amount of time.
2. Set goals – map out – that means write them down – have a Passion Planner were you can see them
- Set goals for daily tasks
- Set goals for weekly tasks
- Set goals for monthly tasks
3. By writing them down you can control your time, schedule and productivity.
4. Create your goals for the day, for the week and, for the month and once it on paper do not change or add to it.
5. Take care of the goals that are more difficult first. It will help to polish your skills in that area that need help.
6. Set time for each task. Do not deviate or add any additional items!
7. Pick a day or set a time that is dedicated only to your writing for your blog or the articles. What I mean is set aside 45 to 60 minutes just for writing, nothing else. Turn off the cell, no answering emails or participating in social media. Just writing; nothing else, try it!
8. Must of all avoid multi-tasking. You will realize that it’s less efficient. You are not concentrating in one item but many that are not getting done to their full potential. Our online business will have its up and down but, don’t let your efforts lack. Keep your schedule and make sure you have daily and weekly and monthly goals. This will keep you on focus which will produce a positive impact on your success and your goals.
9. One last tip, which is what I do (but lately I kind of left aside), use a Passion Planner. Writing goals down makes them much clearer and help for you to lay out the steps.
Types of Goals
You will find that there are three type of Goals:
- Time – these goals are the one we call short and long term goals
- Focus – this goal is what we are currently doing – focusing on becoming a great affiliate marketer that will be successful online – bringing financial freedom by using the training, resources and sharing with questions, suggestions and tips available at Wealthy Affiliate.
- Topic – this type of goal can be almost anything. It can be a personal, profession or financial.
Keep in mind that these types of goals can be interchangeable because you create them to achieve success, and confident.
Setting Realistic Goals
As a person we must consider the goal we want to achieve and commit. Keep in mind the following which I learned about some time ago and realize that I need to get back to it. Use a method called:
– SMART –
- Specific –
- Attainable (achievable)
Please watch the video for a better understanding of SMART Goals
I use a Passion Planner because it helps me be specific. I can write it down which makes my goal attainable. It becomes relevant to my goal because of what I want to achieve by seeing the step I need to take. Its a time frame, the calendar,in the Passion Planner put the days and the deadline for each step for my goals. I suggest you write them down. You can easily cross off each step or task in the Passion Planner as you achieve them.
I welcome your comments and feedback.