As I continue to move in the Wealthy Affiliate program; as an affiliated marketing newbie and continue to learn and gain concepts, ideas and training and the valuable comments and insights of my fellow members, I realize that I am learning a new business language or lingo/jargon.
Below you will find a list of affiliate marketing lingo for newbies. This listing will become part of your lingo or jargon when speaking or writing about affiliate marketing. Understanding lingo terms is an important aspect of our learning curve as affiliate marketers.
Definition of: Lingo and or Jargon?
It’s used to define a word, phrase, situation or process. We use the lingo or jargon to express a meaning accepted or use in our profession (affiliated marketers).
Here are just a few and as we all continue to move forward in our training and experiences as a newbie or new entrepreneur in the affiliates marketing, our lingo will continue to expanded and we will learn more of them.
1. Affiliate – it can be almost anyone. This means You, Me, or someone you know. But keep in mind that to become an affiliate online you need to register or enroll in an “affiliate program”.
2. Training–has one particular purpose, to develop, to improve, to increase capacity of knowledge, to assist with performances, in relation to a specific topic.
3. Success–the accomplishment of a goal. The skills needed can be: focus, organizational skills, determination, discipline, patience and a wiliness to learn new subjects.
4. Building a website – the process of creating pages, that may include: an about page, private policy page, a layout, graphic design with a subject in mind, to target an audience on the internet.
5. Blog–it’s a website run by an individual (affiliate) that writes, personal reflections, comments and may also provide hyper-links, videos, and graphics to promote sales or discuss a topic or an item or a subject. It’s updated regularly, to keep internet user visit the blog/website.
6. Niche-something use it to refer to a target business on the internet with a specific topic of a website and or blog.
7. SEO -stands for “Search Engine Optimization” -= it’s a tool. Its skills develop by an online affiliate, entrepreneur or marketer. The purpose is to optimize the content on the web page using specific topics and keywords to get “traffic” which would give sales and ranking to the web page/ or website product.
A specific word a user can type on a search engine so as to find documents associated with that word. SEO experts usually peruse the most important keywords users choose in order to appeal to them, ultimately making them get to their website. The right “keyword” is the product of strategy and placement.
8. Keyword Research–a process used by affiliates, blogger called SEO (search engine optimization) to get alternative search terms that other people use on a search engine.
9. Keyword – it a word or a phrase use by affiliate marketers to find a target niche, brand or product into search engines (Google, Yahoo etc.). We will use your keywords in each of your articles in your blog.
10. Traffic–a visitor on a website is referred as website traffic. For a website “traffic” is a measure by the visit it receives.
11. Affiliate Link – it’s a unique linking code which enables the affiliate or the network to track any visitor to the website.
12. Hyperlink – a highlighted (usually in blue) word/s or picture in a web page in which you can click and go to another web page.
13. Domain name–the name of your website (it’s unique). It can be a combination of letter and numbers with various domain extensions such as com, net, org. They must register it before you can use it.
14. WordPress–a tool used to publish your website content information–it’s a free Web publishing application used by many.
15. Post–refer to the writing you do on your website; sometimes refer to as a “blog”. It is the writing portion of your website that brings visitors to your website that is developing to bring the “Money Process”.
16. PPC – Pay Per Click refers to an affiliate marketer that receives a commission whenever someone clicks on their affiliate link to the merchant; even if a sale is not made.
Tips to keep in mind when learning an affiliate marketing lingo for newbie:
Association–use a batch of words that already have a common context.
Relate them to what you are learning and use it.
Review–go over the new lingo/jargon just like you do for learning or training in intervals
(it will stay in the long-term memory).
Storage–write it down, use it in a sentence or when speaking to others.
Use–use it while communicating, and writing in your blog, comments and articles.
They can easily become your keyword in your blogs, and or article for your website.
As I continue to move forward in learning and doing the training,
I will add more lingo, jargon, phrases, and words;
to this Affiliate Marketing Lingo for Newbies “Glossary”.
Reminder…. Stay Focus and Stick to the Plan!!
Click here to GO PREMIUM
Receive all the additional features with a PREMIUM membership.
Please share your thoughts or comments below