OK, lets start. One essential skill you need to master in the affiliate marketing business is knowing how to make a website. In today online business is a must.
- It can save you money because you will not need to hire web developers and web designers.
- You will be able to follow “the market trends” and add new products or subjects to your website without using a programmer skills.
- Since you will not need a consultant developer for your website, this will enable you to build almost things yourself (of course within reason).
One item to keep in mind is that You can learn how to make a website. This in turn gives way to an awesome website for your online affiliate marketing business – all on your own.
Of course having a great tool like WordPress gives you and your visitors an industry standard. You and your website will be taken seriously.
WordPress will provide the technical and support for your website/blog. You will be able to choose from the build-in “themes” templates and design. Your website will look professional immediately. Premium themes have support desk, update, setup, maintenance and upgrades regularly. Free themes lack updates, support desk and can leave you vulnerable to hackers.
Keep in mind that more is not always the best way to go. Too many plugins can slow your website down and can cause code conflicts. Visitors only give you a few minutes of their time. Keep it to the essentials: functionality, email capture, social media sharing, analytics and website performance.
So with images and photos for your website I recommend the following: take your own photos. Use your phone to take a photo of the image or create the photo from your surrounding. As a newbie it can be hard on the budget to pay for images. I set my search the following way: royalty free illustration of ________ ( the name of keyword or product or item). I also take the illustrations image and bring them in to “Paint app” and re-color or add a little something to it (see top image).
SEO – Optimize your Blog
SEO – its to ensure that your website, its content, images are ready for search engine to find it.
Your website rely on good keywords research that is SEO friendly. Your content needs to be engaging, useful to the visitor and reader, its the only way to rank by Google.
Use a good search tool, such as Jaaxy. This keyword search tool, Jaaxy has a few features that will be a gold mine to use.
- Alphabet Soup – type the chosen keyword and it will generate the A-Z of what people have been searching for.
- Search Analysis – you can check what other website are targeting, and if its the keyword you are thinking of using.
- Affiliate Program – can find out what programs are out there in your niche.
- Site Rank – know where your website rank for a given keyword
- Use keywords or keyword phrases that make sense.
- Do not over stuff your keyword/s or keyword phrases. Include in your:
- 1st paragraph
Remember that Wealthy Affiliate offers more that just helping you create a website for your blog. Wealthy Affiliate has specific training with subject such as:
- WordPress for website building
- Jaaxy for keyword search and other features
- Content creation
- Traffic for your website (tips, suggestion on getting visitors and readers to visit your site)
- Social engagement – social media and how it plays a big part for your website blog
- Videos, Live Events (on a weekly bases), Questions & Answer listing, discussion In-House Blog from members of the WA community.
- Do not over stuff with affiliate links in your post or pages.
- Help your visitor and reader , do not sell to them.
- Pick services and products that your visitors and readers will benefit from.
- Keep your product or service review clear with cons and pros.
Continue the training and keep on learning because this career is always moving forward and we will continue to be the students.
Recommendation: If at any time you want to become a Premium member, click belong and enjoy all the other benefits here at Wealthy Affiliate. If you want to think about it; enjoy the free 10 lessons, plus 2 website – go ahead. Wealthy Affiliate will still provide the 10 lessons for free. Hope to hear from you and…
Good luck on your online business,
Please leave your comments, questions or suggestion below and thank you for sharing and visiting my website.