So you created content and now your publishing your post. Wait a few minutes! As a beginner or experience blogger you need to make sure that the content you are about to publish meets the 12 plus important tasks to check before you publish your blog post. Keep in mind that the list of tasks for a blogger can seem endless.
Use theses 12 plus important tasks to check before you publish your blog post. I always worry about my post, so I have a checklist that helps me go over my post and check that my content is ready to be published.
So, before you hit that publish button, let go over 12 important tasks you should check on your content. You may ask, why I should have a 12 task list to check, well there several reasons:
- Maybe you accidentally missed an important point
- You may need to add additional information or delete redundant information
- Good for search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo)
- Is it good for the reader/visitor (subject discuss)?
- Correction on spelling and grammatical errors
As we all know, (beginners and experience bloggers) writing content is an essential part of blogging for our website. This checklist will go over the tasks you should always review before you hit that “Publishing Button”.
Here is the checklist of 12 plus tasks, I go over before I publish my post:
1. Must do a Keyword research – By now you certainly have heard of the term SEO (search engine optimization). This means making sure that your website and its contents (post and pages) are likely to rank in search results as Google. SEO real means a series of small task use to create a clear and engaging content.
First know which keywords you want to use to optimize your article. This search will help you find phrases that are relevant to your article. Actually you should be doing this before you begin a new article/post. I use Jaaxy, a tool that helps me search for keywords.
A user finds your website based on the keywords or phrase keywords: “Passion Planner Review”. If, you plug this keyword or phrase keywords into Jaaxy. Jaaxy in turn, will provide a list of related keyword you can use. Jaaxy will also give data on how often they’re searched for and how high competition is for each one. Now you should be able to create your article that is organic and centered with those keywords or phrase keywords and of interest to your readers and visitors.
2. Optimize your article for your keyword or phrase keywords – Now you can create your article. Make sure you are using a dedicated WordPress plugin, I use SEO Pack. It will assist you in crafting content based around the given keyword or phrase keywords.
- Try not to use the same keyword too many times.
- Try not to use irrelevant keywords to “trick” the search engine into indexing your article/post/page.
3. Make your post Title Attractive – First thing visitors see is your title. To encourage visitors to click on it. Keep the following items in mind for your post title:
- Make it Informative and Interesting
- Use numbers on your title
- Use “How-to guide
- Make sure your title contains the keyword or phrase keyword
- Make your title compelling but accurate (don’t over promise or trick visitors)
4. Add image attribute –
- Set feature image
- Change the image name to something that includes a keyword for search engine
- Add alt txt –just add keywords to the graphics
5. Use Meta description – it is what appears as a snippet below your title. It’s there to give Google information so it can pull and see a short description of your content.
6. Use Heading and Sub-Headings – by using H2 & H3 etc., emphasize the main topics and break your content into different sub-sections.
7. Format you Content
- Structure your paragraphs
- Use a consistent formatting style across all your posts
8. Make sure to interlink your older post – is help for visitors to read them and stay longer on your website and SEO.
9. Links – make sure they are working. Make sure your links open in a new tab or page.
- Interlinks – to older post
- Outer-link – its links pointing to other websites, that have relevant or more information on your post.
10. Add a Call-To-Action – get visitors and readers to take the next step
- Offer a free item such as: eBook, a list, gift or newsletter
- Ask questions so readers can provide comments, opinions and suggestions
- Ask them to share your blog if they liked it with other friends or social media
11. Make sure to proofread your content – check for grammar and spelling mistakes.
12. Don’t forget – add proper credit to sources such as: videos, images or other website relevant to post (with additional information)
After you Post
13. Share with your Social Media platforms – is action helps to advertise and bring more traffic and visitors to your website.
- Pin on Pinterest
14. Check you Google Analytics and use the code on your content page
- Check Google Analytics for performs on your blog post
- Check to see what blog post are getting most traffic
- What post convert
- Where visitors drop off
- Where referrals are coming from
YouTube taken from GoodStuff Mama
Published on Dec 16, 2016
Wow, that was a lot of tasks to take care of. But we want to have a post that can shine and be ranks by Google. Sure hope these 12 plus important tasks to check before you publish your blog post have inspire you to review your list and maybe you can share what you do when you are preparing your post for publishing.
Reminder: As always if you are in the market for a better platform to learn about affiliate marketing or want to polish your skills or learn new ones, please feel free to visit Wealthy Affiliate, the learning platform I recommend and use for my online business.
Please share your thoughts, comments or suggestions.